A salesperson is licensed to act on behalf of a broker, and may not act as a real estate agent independently. A salesperson may only work
for one broker in California at a time.
An applicant for a California Salesperson's license must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete 3 Qualifying Courses
- Pass the State salespersons exam
Below is a step-by-step licensing process:
- Study and complete Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice and one more course of your choice.
- Take our License exam preparation course. The exam Prep courses are not required by the DRE, but are indispensable for preparing for the State exam - a vast majority of students will not pass without a good Exam Prep course.
- Apply for and Pass the State exam
- Apply for your License
After passing the examination, you will be sent a Salesperson License Application. Within one year this form must be completed and
returned along with the licensing fee and a completed Live Scan Request form (for submitting fingerprints).
--> Continuing Education Requirements for Real Estate Salespersons & Brokers
More Blog Posts in our: Real Estate Blog